The Objects of CAGA are to further the study and advancement of Gestalt therapy, its distinct speciality as a philosophy and theory, its therapeutic practice and broader applications for human and environmental well-being, in the context of Australia-China relations.
- The publication and dissemination of such information pertaining to Gestalt therapy.
- The encouragement of the improvement of professional standards through continuing education.
- The encouragement of desirable standards of training and opportunities for professionals working in the field in Australia and China.
- The promotion of the Gestalt therapy approach in China.
- Affiliation with suitability recognised national and international Societies, Associations and other agencies.
- Co-operation with other agencies including Government departments
- Fostering connections between Gestalt practitioners in Australia and China
- Supporting the development of Gestalt in China through drawing on the resources of Gestalt in Australia
- Holding Gestalt conferences in China, to foster links between Australian and Chinese practitioners, and to promote the development of Gestalt Therapy in China.